How We Protect Your Account
To protect your account, we monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, which may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S.-issued card is used unexpectedly overseas or in another state), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, we'll be calling, texting or emailing you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Calls, SMS Text Messages* and emails are made 7 days a week between 8am and 9pm. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
- Our automated call or text will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card
- You'll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad
- You'll also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
- Automated calls will only include a request for your Zip code, and no other personal information, unless you confirm that a transaction is fraudulent. Only then will you be transferred to an agent who will ask questions to confirm their identity before reviewing your transactions.
- Automated calls won't ask for non-public personal information such as social security number, account number, debit card number or the 3-digit security code on the back of a card.
- Our text alert will always be from a 5-digit number and NOT a 10-digit number resembling a phone number
- Our text messages will NEVER include a link.
- Our text will include transaction detail and ask you to reply to the text message with answers such as ‘yes’, ‘no’, ‘help’, or ‘stop” only.
- If you receive a voice or a text message from us and are unsure about responding to it, please call our Client Information Center (CIC) at 781.682.3715, 7AM-7PM Mon-Fri, 7AM-2PM Sat
- Fraud Alert emails are generated 8AM-9PM 7 days a week.
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times.
Automated phone calls and SMS text messages will provide an option to opt out of the service. You may also opt out verbally by contacting any branch or calling Client Information Center (CIC) at 781.682.3715. If you have chosen to opt out, South Shore Bank strongly encourages that you have at least one form of notification engaged. Such as the “Alerts” feature within your Online Banking and Mobile Banking accounts or the “Manage My Cards” feature or you may download the CardValet APP.
If you are travelling anywhere, please inform us of your travel plans so we do not suspect transactions made out of the state or country as fraudulent transactions and place restrictions on your card. You may contact our CIC at 781.682.3715 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you have previously OPTED OUT of SMS Text Messages, to enroll again please visit your local branch or contact the Customer Information Center (CIC) by calling 781.682.3715
*Powered by FCTI ©2021 7-Eleven, Inc. No ATM Fees when using your South Shore Bank Debit Mastercard® at 7-Eleven® ATM Locations.