Our Student Checking Account is perfect for students age 16 to 24 . There are no monthly fees, and no minimum balance required.
- Free ATM/Debit card
- South Shore Bank will, as applicable, waive or refund all ATM fees and charges from non-SSB ATM transactions
- Parents can make a free funds transfer from their account to the Student Checking Account at SSB*
- Free Statement Savings Account with no minimum balance required
- $10 minimum deposit to open
- Students 18 and older can open this checking account online, and receive free eStatements, Online & Mobile Banking and Bill Pay!1
- Students 16 and older can open this checking account in a branch and receive free eStatements, Online & Mobile Banking and Bill Pay!1
- Earn uChoose Rewards points every time you use your Debit card
*Parent must be authorized signer on the account.
1Must enroll in e-Statements. If you do not enroll in e-Statements within 30 days after account opening, your account will automatically migrate to a Free Checking Account, which does not offer the same benefits as the Student Checking Account, nor does it require e-Statements.