The South Shore Bank Charitable Foundation was created by South Shore Bank in 1997 for the support and benefit of community, charitable, educational, and other benevolent organizations.
The mission of the Foundation is to reinforce, encourage, and support the Bank’s ongoing commitment to the well-being of the communities it serves. The Foundation allocates its resources specifically for the advantage of the community at large, including education and social human services endeavors.
The South Shore Bank Charitable Foundation’s financial grants and monetary gifts support non-profit organizations whose work benefits the population of those communities in which the Bank has a major presence. Grants will be made for existing program support, general support, special projects, and/or start-up endeavors covering a variety of issues impacting the community.
How to Apply for a Financial Grant
Requests for funding should meet the guidelines described above. Proposals should include the following elements:
- Cover Letter to Introduce your organization and your proposal.
- Grant Application
Please print the grant application form, fill out, and mail back to:
South Shore Bank Charitable Foundation
1530 Main Street,
South Weymouth, MA 02190
- Program Overview Describe goals, constituents, community needs to be met, and projected outcomes.
- IRS tax determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) status
- Financial information
- Income and expense budget for the specific program
- Most recent year-end financial statements or audit
- Sources and amounts of funding required, solicited, and received to date.
The funding decision may take up to four weeks to complete. Applicants will be notified of their proposal outcome by mail.
South Shore Bank Charitable Foundation, Inc.
James M. Dunphy, President
Pamela J. O'Leary, Vice President
James M. Dunphy
Arthur H. Sharp
Pamela J. O'Leary