Mass Save® Heat Loan*
If there is one thing we can predict about New England weather its that it's unpredictable, but your heating and cooling system shouldn't be. Our partnership with Mass Save® lets eligible borrowers take advantage of no-interest financing on qualifying energy efficiency improvements with unsecured loans up to $25,000.00 available.
What is Mass Save?
Great question! Mass Save® is a collaborative of Massachusetts' natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers, including Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas Company, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid and Unitil. We empower residents, businesses, and communities to make energy efficient upgrades by offering a wide range of services, rebates, incentives, trainings, and information.
These programs and services are managed and delivered by electric and gas Sponsors (working closely with the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources), providing the energy expertise to help you save energy and money. The funding is supported from a charge on clients’ energy bills.
Through the joint efforts of the Mass Save® collaborative, Massachusetts has earned top ranking as the #1 state in the nation for energy efficiency according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE).
We continue to make strides in energy efficiency and build a clean energy future for everyone in the state.
Ready to Start Saving on Energy? Follow these steps to Apply!
- Contact Mass Save® to schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment for homeowners of 1-4 unit properties.
- Receive a Heat Loan intake form at assessment, then decide what and how much you want to finance.
- Complete, sign and submit the Heat Loan intake form. Mass Save® will review your paperwork and confirm eligibility.
- Mass Save® will issue you a Heat Loan Authorization Form.
- Bring Heat Loan Authorization Form to any South Shore Bank location, Submit all documents and sign Loan application. Receive approval within 24-48 hours.
- Sign closing documents at South Shore Bank, pick up your check made out to you and your contractor and complete the work within 90 days.
- Once work has been completed, you will sign over check to contractor.
- Call the Heat Loan Administrator and schedule your inspection. Apply for your eligible rebates.
*Clients must meet program eligibility requirements to participate. Eligibility for the HEAT Loan Program is based on completing a Home Energy Assessment and pre-approval. Some restrictions apply and offers are subject to change or cancellation. Financing is subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit MassSave.com/HEATLoan or call 1.866.527.SAVE (7283) for details and to learn more about the program.