Where can I visit a South Shore Bank location?
For more information on our locations and hours, visit our branches.
What is the bank's routing number?
South Shore Bank’s routing number is 211371447.
Can I download my statement information into Quicken, Microsoft Money or an Excel spreadsheet?
Yes, this can be done from the "Export History" link in the "History" section of online banking.
How do I contact customer service?
Please call (781) 682-3715. Our Customer Service Representatives will be pleased to answer any questions that you may have concerning South Shore Bank.
Where can I learn about Online Security and Identity Theft Prevention?
You can learn about Privacy, Online Security and Identity Theft Prevention at our Privacy and Security page.
How safe are my deposits?
Rest assured, your deposits at South Shore Bank are 100% safe. South Shore Bank is insured through the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and Depositors Insurance Fund (DIF). All deposits at South Shore Bank are insured in full. Each depositor is insured by Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to at least $250,000. All deposits above the FDIC insurance amount are insured by Depositors Insurance Fund (DIF).
What if I've lost my ATM or debit card and need a replacement?
If you lose your ATM or debit card, contact us immediately to cancel your card and request a new one. Or if you have Mobile Banking with Manage My Cards or utilize the CardValet® App, you can turn off the card yourself, then call us!
During business hours, please contact our Customer Information Center at (781) 682-3715. After business hours, please call (800) 554-8969.
How do I sign up for Small Business Online Bill Pay?
To sign up for Small Business Online Bill Payment please call Customer Information Center at 781-682-3240 or visit your nearest branch.
How can I ensure a successful Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse the back of your check by signing your name and write phrase: For Mobile Deposit Only at South Shore Bank*
- When prompted, enter the check amount carefully to ensure it matches your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking photos.
- Keep the check within the camera view-finder screen and be sure that all four corners are visible.
- Include as little surrounding check area as possible.
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photo.
- Be sure to keep your phone flat and steady when taking your photo.
- Confirm that a) the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit, and b) the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- The daily limit on deposits via Mobile Deposit is $5,000.
*With the new indemnity provision of Federal Regulation CC, this step must be completed. South Shore Bank reserves the right to decline any deposit that is not properly endorsed.
What is the SUM Network?
When you use an ATM at a financial institution where you don't have an account, that institution may charge you an access fee or "surcharge". South Shore Bank is a member of the Network, so all you have to do is look for ATMs that have the "SUM" logo, and you won't pay a surcharge. There are more than 2,800 SUM ATMs throughout the Northeast.
For more information about the Network or a detailed listing of participating SUM ATM locations, visit SUM ATM
How can I get a copy of a check?
Please view your account online and select the check number you’d like to view or call our Customer Information Center at (781) 682-3715 and a copy can be retrieved.