What phones are supported for Mobile Banking?
Virtually most cell phone can use the SMS service, even many prepaid cell phones. As long as the phone is capable of sending and receiving SMS text messages (and the service plan supports text messaging), account balances and transaction histories are available. Reply HELP to 48179 for help. Reply STOP to 48179 to cancel. Message and data rates may apply.
Phones with internet access and a browser that supports xhtml pages can use Mobile Browser services. Mobile Browser is the most common means of accessing accounts from a mobile phone. Using Mobile Browser services requires no phone-based software beyond a compatible web browser.
Users with smart phones (such as the Apple® iPhone® or Google® Phones) also have the option of downloading South Shore Bank's full featured APP (application) that takes advantage of the enhanced features found in their devices. This downloaded software gives the user account access through APP services. Download for phone and notebook devices are available for both consumer and Business clients in the Apple® iTunes Store or the Google® Play Store.
What services are available with Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking allows the following types of services from virtually any phone with text capabilities:
- View account balances
- View recent transaction history
- Receive “Alerts” on banking transactions
Web enabled phones using Mobile Browser services and smart phones using the iPhone® APP or Google® APP (application), can also
- Transfer funds between accounts at the financial institution
- Make loan payments or advances
- Pay bills, plus view and modify pending payments
- Find the nearest branch or ATM
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is the ultimate on-demand service. With it, users can access their account information 24/7 from any mobile phone with either text messaging or with Mobile Web access.
What type of accounts can be accessed with Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking provides access to the same accounts that are viewable through your online banking system - including checking and savings accounts, and even CDs.
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
Enroll by going to the ITunes® App Store or Google® Play Store and search South Shore Bank or for Text Banking or Mobile Web Banking, go to the Options Menu in Online Banking, scroll down to Mobile Banking and complete the form. A text message will be sent to your mobile device with instructions for logging on. It’s that easy!
Is there a cost to use Mobile Banking?
No, there is no cost from the Bank to use Mobile Banking. Please keep in mind that message and data rates may apply.
Does Mobile Banking require any software to be loaded into the phone?
Only APP (application) services require software to be installed. Like computers, smart phones use an operating system to run specific applications for many of their functions. Phones using APP services can install a full-featured application written specifically for their operating system. Users of smart phones are accustomed to downloading and installing applications.
Phones using SMS text and Mobile Browser services do not require any software to be loaded to the individual device.
Is Bill Pay available through Mobile Banking?
Devices using mobile browser or APP services can access selected Bill Pay systems, make or schedule payments to payees, and check payment history. Mobile Money supports select bill pay providers.
How can I ensure a successful Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse the back of your check by signing your name and write phrase: For Mobile Deposit Only at South Shore Bank*
- When prompted, enter the check amount carefully to ensure it matches your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking photos.
- Keep the check within the camera view-finder screen and be sure that all four corners are visible.
- Include as little surrounding check area as possible.
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photo.
- Be sure to keep your phone flat and steady when taking your photo.
- Confirm that a) the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit, and b) the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- The daily limit on deposits via Mobile Deposit is $5,000.
*With the new indemnity provision of Federal Regulation CC, this step must be completed. South Shore Bank reserves the right to decline any deposit that is not properly endorsed.
What do I need to do if I upgrade or change my phone for the APP option?
Simply access the Apple iTunes® App Store or Google® Play Store – search ‘South Shore Bank’ - and download!
The screen will automatically walk you through the registration process, which requires the following:
- Enter your existing Retail Online User ID and Password
- Choose/ answer a challenge question
- Accept the Terms & Conditions for Mobile Banking