What is the bank's routing number?
South Shore Bank’s routing number is 211371447.
What is Check 21?
A federal law, known as Check 21, makes it easier for banks to electronically transfer check images instead of physically transferring paper checks in order to make check processing faster and more efficient. Instead of receiving cancelled checks with your monthly statement, you will receive images of your cancelled checks.
What do I need to do if I upgrade or change my phone for the APP option?
Simply access the Apple iTunes® App Store or Google® Play Store – search ‘South Shore Bank’ - and download!
The screen will automatically walk you through the registration process, which requires the following:
- Enter your existing Retail Online User ID and Password
- Choose/ answer a challenge question
- Accept the Terms & Conditions for Mobile Banking
What is Check Imaging?
Image checks replace stacks of canceled checks with a clear, sharp image on your statement of each check paid (front only). This convenient service is provided to our customers at no additional charge.
How can I ensure a successful Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse the back of your check by signing your name and write phrase: For Mobile Deposit Only at South Shore Bank*
- When prompted, enter the check amount carefully to ensure it matches your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking photos.
- Keep the check within the camera view-finder screen and be sure that all four corners are visible.
- Include as little surrounding check area as possible.
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photo.
- Be sure to keep your phone flat and steady when taking your photo.
- Confirm that a) the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit, and b) the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- The daily limit on deposits via Mobile Deposit is $5,000.
*With the new indemnity provision of Federal Regulation CC, this step must be completed. South Shore Bank reserves the right to decline any deposit that is not properly endorsed.
How can I get a copy of a check?
Please view your account online and select the check number you’d like to view or call our Customer Information Center at (781) 682-3715 and a copy can be retrieved.
Can I download my statement information into Quicken, Microsoft Money or an Excel spreadsheet?
Yes, this can be done from the "Download" link menu button on the Account Information page of your online banking account. A box will pop-up. Use the drop down buttons choose your date range and choose your file type (.csv, .ofx or .qfx). Next, click the "Download transactions" button. Upload into your desired application.
Where can I learn about Online Security and Identity Theft Prevention?
You can learn about Privacy, Online Security and Identity Theft Prevention at our Privacy and Security page.
How do I sign-up for Bill Payment?
To sign up for Bill Payment, you must be enrolled in our Online Banking service. Once enrolled, just log into Online Banking and select the Bill Payment link. Sign up for Online Banking.
How do I sign up for Small Business Online Bill Pay?
To sign up for Small Business Online Bill Payment please call Customer Information Center at 781-682-3240 or visit your nearest branch.
What phones are supported for Mobile Banking?
Virtually most cell phone can use the SMS service, even many prepaid cell phones. As long as the phone is capable of sending and receiving SMS text messages (and the service plan supports text messaging), account balances and transaction histories are available. Reply HELP to 48179 for help. Reply STOP to 48179 to cancel. Message and data rates may apply.
Phones with internet access and a browser that supports xhtml pages can use Mobile Browser services. Mobile Browser is the most common means of accessing accounts from a mobile phone. Using Mobile Browser services requires no phone-based software beyond a compatible web browser.
Users with smart phones (such as the Apple® iPhone® or Google® Phones) also have the option of downloading South Shore Bank's full featured APP (application) that takes advantage of the enhanced features found in their devices. This downloaded software gives the user account access through APP services. Download for phone and notebook devices are available for both consumer and Business clients in the Apple® iTunes Store or the Google® Play Store.