Mortgage Loan Servicing
Important Contact Information
Our Customer Information Center (CIC) Representatives will be pleased to answer any questions that you may have concerning South Shore Bank.
- Customer Information Center Hours of Operation (CIC) – Monday through Friday 7:00 A.M.–7:00 P.M and Saturday 7:00 A.M – 2:00 P.M.
- Customer Information Center phone number - (800) 875-3553 or (781) 682-3715 Email: email@example.com
- Correspondence including Payments, Tax Bills, Insurance Claims, Collections, All Other Correspondence: Please include your loan number with all correspondence. Please DO NOT send correspondence with payments. Mail to: South Shore Bank, Attn: Loan Servicing, PO Box 151, Weymouth, MA 02188
- Overnight/Express Mail to: South Shore Bank, Attn: Loan Servicing, 1000 Washington Street,Braintree, MA 02184
- Insurance Bills- South Shore Bank, P.O. Box 150, Northville NY 12134.
When is my mortgage payment due?
Please refer to your mortgage loan note for the specific terms, such as due date. With the servicing change, your due date remains the same. Your billing statement reflects the current due date and grace period. The billing statement also states the late charge amount added to your account if the payment is not received by the end of the grace period .
When are Saturday payments posted?
Payments processed at a Branch or on a Saturday are posted and credited on that date.
Can I make my payment at a branch?
Yes, payments can be made at any of our convenient locations, including Face2Face.
Can I make a same day mortgage payment?
By simply placing a call to our Customer Information Center at 781-682-3715, you can conveniently initiate a one-time electronic transfer to make your mortgage payment from any account you choose.
What is the bank's routing number?
South Shore Bank’s routing number is 211371447.
Can I make my payment by phone?
Yes, telephone payments can be made from any transactional deposit account at South Shore Bank by calling our Customer Information Center (CIC) at (800) 875-3553 or (781) 682-3715 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 7:00 A.M.–7:00 P.M and Saturday 7:00 A.M – 2:00 P.M.
How do I make my monthly mortgage payments?
Customers have several convenient options available to make their payment.
- In Person - Payments can be processed in any of our convenient branch and Face 2 Face locations. Visit our website at www.southshorebank.com for a listing of our locations & hours.
- Automatic Payment Service (ACH) – When your payment is coming from your Checking or Savings Account at another financial institution sign up for ACH. This option offers you the added convenience of choosing your payment date. To sign up, fill out the ACH Origination Transfer Agreement: Debit
- Transfer Management (TMS) - When your payment is coming from your South Shore Bank Checking or Savings Account we can set up a Transfer Management to make the payment on the date that you choose. To sign up, fill out the Transfer Management Set Up Form.
- Bill Pay - If you have a Checking Account with SSB, you can sign up for Online Banking with Bill Pay by visiting, www.southshorebank.com and selecting “Enroll in Online Banking,” from our homepage. Pay your Mortgage through Bill Pay. This option allows you to initiate either one-time payments or recurring payments directly from our Online Banking system. Plus, you can choose the date the payment is sent and you don’t have to pay for stamps and envelopes!
- Telephone Payments - You can call our Customer Information Center (CIC) (800) 875-3553 or (781) 682-3715 to make a payment from any of your South Shore Bank deposit accounts during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 7:00 A.M.–7:00 P.M and Saturday 7:00 A.M – 2:00 P.M.
- Mail - You can mail your mortgage payment with the coupon directly to our Loan Servicing Center: South Shore Bank Attn: Loan Servicing Center P.O. Box 151, Weymouth MA 02188.
Questions Regarding Late Charges
When are late charges assessed to my loan account?
Late charges are assessed per the terms of your mortgage loan note, usually assessed on the 16th day following your due date. For example: if the payment is due on the 1st of the month, and the payment is not made by the close of business on the 15th, the late charge will assess overnight on the 16th
When is my payment considered late?
- Your payment is due in our loan servicing area on or before the due date. It is considered late the following day.
What does “grace period” mean?
If your payment doesn’t arrive in our loan servicing area by the due date, it is considered late. You may have a grace period before a late charge will be assessed to your loan account, usually 15 calendar days.
Can I payoff my mortgage loan at a branch?
- After you receive a payoff quote from our Loan Servicing area, you can bring payoff funds into a branch office.
- Please allow time for the payoff funds and any paperwork to be forwarded to the mortgage servicing area.
- Interest continues to accrue until the payoff is processed. Payoffs are processed the day they are received in the mortgage servicing area.
How do I obtain the amount to pay off my mortgage loan?
Please call our toll-free number: (800) 875-3553 or (781) 682-3715 x 6006, fax a request to 781-380-0526 or write P.O. Box 151, Weymouth MA 02188.
How do I pay off my mortgage loan?
- Wire: the wire should be sent to South Shore Bank, 1530 Main Street South Weymouth, MA, ABA number 211371447/Loan Payoff and further note that includes the borrowers name and loan number.
- Check: A payoff check mailed to: South Shore Bank, Loan Servicing, P. O. Box 151, Weymouth, MA 02188 or to 1000 Washington Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
Where do I send my tax bill to?
You may retain your tax bill for your records, as we receive this information from a tax service.
Can I bring my insurance bill into a branch?
To avoid delays, you can forward insurance bills to: South Shore Bank P.O. Box 150, Northville NY 12134.
Is my Optional Mortgage Life or Disability Insurance (or other optional insurance) transferable?
None of our mortgages have this type of insurance.
How should the mortgagee clause on my insurance bill read?
The mortgagee clause should read as follows:
“South Shore Bank, its successor and/or assigns, P.O. Box 150, Northville, NY 12134"
Where do I send my hazard insurance bill to?
- Only forward your insurance bill to Loan Servicing if the bank escrows your hazard (home owners) premium as a part of your monthly escrow.
- Please forward insurance bills you receive to South Shore Bank PO Box 150, Northville NY 12134.
- If you are unsure if we escrow your hazard (home owners) insurance please contact the Customer Information Center (CIC) for further information.