Mortgage Loan Servicing
Automated Loan Information
You can also access information about your loan 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on the Internet or by telephone. Log on to our website, www.southshorebank.com or call 888-266-4919. To expedite your request, please have your loan number or social security number available.
Important Contact Information
- Customer Service Hours of Operation – Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M. – 8:00 P.M and Saturday 8:30 A.M. – 8:00 P.M.
- Customer Service phone number - 888-266-4919
- Please include your loan number with all correspondence. Please DO NOT send correspondence with payments. Address all correspondence to South Shore Bank at the appropriate address below:
- Payments – PO Box 986, Newark, NJ 07184
- Tax Bills – 6053 S. Fashion Square Dr., Suite 200, Murray, UT 84107
- Tax Bills Fax Number - 801-284-4680
- Insurance Bills - PO Box, 202028, Florence, SC 29502-2028
- Insurance Bills Fax Number – 843-413-7133
- Collections - PO Box 77407, Ewing, NJ 08618
- All Other Correspondence – PO Box 77404, Ewing, NJ 08618
- Overnight/Express Mail – Attn: Cash Management, 425 Phillips Blvd, Ewing, NJ 08618 Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I make my monthly mortgage payments?
Customers have several convenient options available to make their payment.
- Automatic Payment Service (ACH) - Sign up for our Automatic Payment Service from your Checking or Savings Account. This option offers you the added convenience of choosing your payment date. To sign up, fill out the enclosed Automatic Payment Authorization form and mail it to the address on the form.
- Online – Initiate a payment online by visiting our website southshorebank.com, and selecting Mortgage Loan from the Access My Accounts menu.
- Bill Pay - Pay your Mortgage through Bill Pay. This option allows you to initiate either one-time payments or recurring payments directly from our Online Banking system. Plus, you can choose the date the payment is sent and you don’t have to pay for stamps and envelopes! If you have a Checking Account with SSB, you can sign up for Online Banking with Bill Pay by visiting, https://www.southshorebank.com/ and selecting “Enroll in Online Banking,” from our homepage.
- Mortgage Pay-By-Phone - This option allows you to make your monthly mortgage payments over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 888-266-4919 for more details.
- Mail - You can mail your mortgage payment with the coupon directly to our Mortgage Servicing Center: South Shore Bank, P.O. Box 986, Newark, New Jersey 07184-0986. Make check payable to South Shore Bank.
When is my mortgage payment due?
In general, most payments are due on the first of each month. Please refer to your mortgage loan note for the specific terms, such as due date.
Can I make my payment at a branch?
No, this option is not available. Please utilize one of the options listed above.
Questions Regarding Late Charges
When is my payment considered late?
Your payment is due in our loan servicing area on or before the due date. It is considered late the following day.
When are late charges assessed to my loan account?
Late charges are assessed per the terms of your mortgage loan note, usually 15 days after the due date.
What does “grace period” mean?
If your payment doesn’t arrive in our loan servicing area by the due date, it is considered late and you may have a grace period before a late charge will be assessed to your loan account, usually 15 days.
How can I pay off my mortgage loan?
Customers can payoff off their mortgage either by wire or mailing a check.
Payoff by wire is the quickest way to pay off your mortgage loan. Wire the funds to CENLAR FS PRINCETN, Trenton, NJ, ABA number 231271365/Payoff Bank Account Number 168002190.
A payoff check mailed must be in the form of a certified check, cashier’s check, money order or attorney’s trust check and mailed to: Payoff Department, 425 Phillips Boulevard, Ewing, New Jersey, 08618.
Please refer to the payoff statement which our servicing area has mailed for more detailed instructions.
Can I payoff my mortgage loan at a branch?
No, payoffs must be sent directly to our servicing area.
How do I obtain the amount to pay off my mortgage loan?
Please call our servicing area at 888-266-4919, fax a request to 877-772-9633 or write P.O. Box 77404, Ewing New Jersey 08625.
Where do I send my hazard insurance bill to?
Please forward insurance bills you receive to South Shore Bank, P.O. Box, 202028, Florence, SC 29502-2028.
Where do I send my tax bill to?
You may retain your tax bill for your records, as we receive this information from a tax service.
How should the mortgagee clause on my insurance bill read?
The mortgagee clause should read as follows:
“South Shore Bank, its successor and/or assigns, c/o Central Loan Administrate & Reporting, PO Box 202028, Florence, SC 29502-2028.”
Can I bring my insurance bill into a branch?
No, you will need to forward it to: South Shore Bank, PO Box, 202028, Florence, SC 29502-2028.