Mass Save® HEAT Loan
Was this past winter cold and drafty in your home? Did you spend too much on heat & hot water and still shivered? Not looking forward to those humid sleepless nights? Could it be time to upgrade or replace your heating system, cooling system or water heater? The Mass Save® HEAT Loan process allows you to schedule a NO Cost Home Energy Assessment, choose your own contractor, and receive eligible rebates on equipment. Financing is subject to approval. As a participating lender South Shore Bank in partnership with Mass Save® allows you to apply for a 0% interest rate loan.
What is Mass Save®?
Mass Save® is a collaborative of Massachusetts' natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers, including Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas Company, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid and Unitil. We empower residents, businesses, and communities to make energy efficient upgrades by offering a wide range of services, rebates, incentives, trainings, and information.
These programs and services are managed and delivered by electric and gas Sponsors (working closely with the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources), providing the energy expertise to help you save energy and money. The funding is supported from a charge on customers’ energy bills.
Through the joint efforts of the Mass Save® collaborative, Massachusetts has earned top ranking as the #1 state in the nation for energy efficiency according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE).
We continue to make strides in energy efficiency and build a clean energy future for everyone in the state.
What is a Mass Save® HEAT Loan?
Sponsors of Mass Save® are buying down the interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to 7 years, and ZERO% interest rate.
What is a No-Cost Home Energy Assessment?
A Home Energy Assessment from the Sponsors of Mass Save® can help you save on your monthly energy costs by making your 1-to-4 unit home more energy efficient, and it only takes about two hours. It's a custom report that details your home’s energy efficiency. During the assessment, energy-saving products will be installed at no cost as needed. Items such as ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs; advanced power strips, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats (installed at a second appointment). All key decision-makers should be present. At least one person over 18 years of age must be present.
You may use a Mass Save® Lead Vendors – CLEAResult or RISE. Insulation and air sealing work is then completed by a participating Independent Installation Contractor (IIC). Or you may use the same contractor of your choice who then does the insulation and air sealing work.
Call Mass Save® 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule your assessment.
You can apply for HEAT Loan financing by following these easy steps.:
1. Contact Mass Save® to schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment for homeowners of 1-4 unit properties
2. Receive a Heat Loan intake form at assessment, then decide what and how much you want to finance
3. Complete, sign and submit the Heat Loan intake form. Mass Save® will review your paperwork and confirm eligibility
4. Mass Save® will issue you a Heat Loan Authorization Form
5. Bring Heat Loan Authorization Form to any South Shore Bank location, Submit all documents and sign Loan application. Receive approval within 24-48 hours
6. Sign closing documents at South Shore Bank, pick up your check made out to you and your contractor and complete the work within 90 days
7. Once work has been completed, you will sign over check to contractor
8. Call the Heat Loan Administrator and schedule your inspection. Apply for your eligible rebates