A Preferred Checking is perfect if you maintain an average monthly balance (for the current statement cycle) in your Preferred Checking account or a combined household deposit balance (previous month’s average balances – includes Checking, Savings, Money Market, CDs, and IRAs) of $15,000.00 OR outstanding balances on Consumer Loan products of $25,000 or more (including your home mortgage), because the monthly fee* on this account is waived. It's our "soup to nuts" checking account that comes with many features.
- Free Worldwide ATM use
- Free checks for life. Enjoy free personalized checks featuring the preferred checking account design
- Free 24 hour Telephone Banking
- Free Mobile Banking with Mobile deposit
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Payment
- Bonus rates on Certificates of Deposit
- Discounted consumer loan rates
- Discounted Safe Deposit Box
- Free Bank Checks
- No Annual Fee Individual Retirement Account
- $150 off mortgage closing costs
- Free Medallion Signature Guarantee Service
- Free eStatement option
- FREE "Financial Check Up" with our Wealth Management Advisor
- Open a Preferred Money Market with exclusive rates
Minimum $10.00 to open.
*A monthly service fee of $20.00 will be imposed every month unless you maintain an average monthly balance (for the current statement cycle) in your Preferred Checking account or a combined household deposit balance (previous month’s average balances) of $15,000 or $25,000 in consumer loans (current balances) including your mortgage loan for a statement cycle. The monthly service fee will be reduced to $15.00 per month if the account has direct deposit. If requirements are met South Shore Bank will refund up to $15.00 per statement cycle for another Bank’s ATM surcharges. You must maintain a minimum daily balance of $10.00 in the account each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield. You will earn interest for every day during the period that your account equals or exceeds the minimum daily balance requirement.