Bank Awards 2018 Citizenship Awards
On Thursday, June 14, South Shore Bank awarded scholarships to 13 high school students as part of its annual Citizenship Award Scholarship program. The students, all residents of the South Shore, will use the scholarships to aid in funding their higher education. The event took place at a celebratory breakfast at the bank’s headquarters.
Two of this year’s scholarships were given in memory of Tina Kosinski, a former bank employee who dedicated much of her life to not only the bank, but the South Shore community. South Shore Bank honors her memory through the Weymouth Evening High School Tina Kosinski Memorial Scholarship Award in perpetuity.
In handing out the scholarships, South Shore Bank CEO Jim Dunphy encouraged students to soak up knowledge and experience while in school, while continuing to serve as active members of their communities at home.
“South Shore Bank is committed to the South Shore community and helping support our future community members and leaders is a true honor,” Dunphy said. “Each scholarship allows us to not only stay connected with community members, but show future generations how important community is.”
The following students received this year’s scholarship:
- Ashtin Burbank of Hingham High School
- Brianna Bucci of Braintree High School
- Luke Boucher of East Bridgewater High School
- Slade Burke of Quincy High School
- Michael Flaherty of Weymouth High School
- Breanna McEachern of Hanover High School
- Mason Morin of South Shore Christian Academy
- Angela Petrucci of Weymouth Evening High School (Tina Kosinski Memorial Scholarship Award)
- Alexander Pham of North Quincy High School
- Brittany Tempesta of Weymouth Evening High School (Tina Kosinski Memorial Scholarship Award)
- Kate Kiernan of Norwell High School
- Nicole Cobb of Pembroke High School
- Lindsay Florestal of Stoughton High School