At South Shore Bank, we‘re always looking for ways to make your banking better and more secure. It’s why we’re pleased to introduce a new enhancement designed to protect unauthorized users from accessing your account information – new Layered Authentication. This new state-of-the-art enhancement helps us identify you and you identify us when you logon to online banking.
Easy to use and implement.
It’s easy to use Layered Authentication; just follow these simple steps.
To logon from your own computer:
- Logon to Home Banking at http://www.southshorebank.com/.
- Enter your Access ID.
- Enter your password on the next screen and click SUBMIT.
- The first time you logon, you will be automatically sent to an enrollment page.
- From the enrollment page, you will be asked to provide/verify your email address.
- Then you will be asked to enter an authentication pass phrase for an image you select.
- Next, you must select and answer three challenge questions.
- You will then be asked whether you are using a personal or public computer.
- Once you answer, click SUBMIT.
That’s all you need to do. The next time you login from your computer, you will be shown your authentication image and authentication pass phrase. If they do not match, do not enter your password. Contact or call us immediately at (781) 682-3715.
To logon from another computer:
- Logon to www.sssb.com and enter your current Access ID.
- If the system does not recognize your computer, you will be asked to answer one of your selected challenge questions. Once your challenge question is answered correctly, you will see your authentication image and phrase. If correct enter your password and click SUBMIT.
- Select personal or public computer. (Note: You should only register a computer that you use frequently and that is not available for public use.)
- If your image and phrase do not match, do not enter your password. Contact us immediately.
Just another way South Shore Bank is here to protect you. For more information on this feature contact us or call (781) 682-3715.